Shampoo & Conditioner
A shampoo and conditioner duo targets different hair types. Colour treated and dry, damaged hair needs shampoo and conditioner to hydrate with argan oil or similar. Hair masks help too. If you have oily hair or fine hair, in fact any hair type –there is a shampoo and conditioner at Hairhouse for you.
Showing 60 of 1277 results
What Is Shampoo and Conditioner?
A good hair day starts with a good shampoo and conditioner! This dynamic duo forms the basis of any hair care routine and get your locks in fabulous condition before you even think about prepping and styling.
Shampoo is made to cleanse your hair. It contains special ingredients, such as detergents and surfactants, which remove oil, dirt, sweat, product build-up and other pollutants from your hair and leaves it squeaky clean.
Conditioners are made to restore softness and manageability to your hair. They're loaded with nourishing ingredients, such as oils, botanical extracts and proteins, which help them to repair, detangle, moisturise and protect your hair shafts from damage.
You can find shampoos and conditioners to target every hair type and tackle every hair concern â€“ from dry and damaged to curly, straight and fine. Most people will use them as a 2-step process, starting with a shampoo to clean and following up with a conditioner to smooth and lock in the nutrients.
How Do You Use Shampoo and Conditioner?
To get started using shampoo and conditioner, you should understand the different types and their role in your routine. Aside from the regular shampoo and conditioner you use in the shower, you can also find dry shampoo for cleaning hair in-between washes and leave-in conditioners for intense hydration, repairing and protection.
Here's a quick guide on how to use each product:
1. Shampoo â€“ Shampoo is typically the first step in any hair care routine. Squeeze a small amount of product into your palm and apply to hair. Massage all over to create a rich lather, paying special attention to the scalp. Rinse thoroughly.
2. Conditioner â€“ Next, squeeze a small amount of conditioner into your palm and massage it into the lengths of your hair, avoiding the scalp. Leave it to work its magic for about 3 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
3. Dry shampoo â€“ To extend the amount of time between using shampoo, you can use a dry shampoo. These products help to soak up oil and odours to leave hair scented and feeling fresh for longer. Most dry shampoos will be in a spray form. Shake the can well, hold it 15-20cm away from your head and spray hair and scalp in sections until lightly coated. Massage it in and style as usual.
4. Leave-in conditioner â€“ A leave-in conditioner is great for dry, damaged and normal hair. To use a spray product, simply wash your hair and towel-dry it until damp. Mist the conditioner over your hair, from mid-length to ends. You can use a comb to distribute it evenly and detangle knots for blow drying. Don't rinse it out! For specific instructions, check your individual product for best results.
Which Shampoo and Conditioner is Best for Dry Hair?
The best shampoo and conditioner for dry hair is one that is rich with nourishing oils, butters and other conditioning agents that can restore moisture to your hair.
Moroccanoil shampoo and conditioner is ideal for dry and damaged hair as it's infused with Argan Oil, a powerful botanical oil that's loaded with antioxidants and fatty acids for hydrating, repairing and protecting fragile hair. Choose from Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner, Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner or Moisture Repair Shampoo and Conditioner. For extreme dryness, try adding the Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask to your routine. It's formulated with Argan Oil and Shea Butter to strengthen brittle hair and enhance elasticity. Massage all over after shampooing, leave 5-7 minutes, then rinse off and follow up with Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Conditioner.
Curly haired girls and guys can benefit from using a shampoo and conditioner that combats dryness as curly hair is prone to frizziness if not properly cared for. One of the best shampoos and conditioners for curly hair is Aromas Curl Shampoo and Conditioner. This Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner is specially formulated to clean and hydrate curly hair with botanicals and proteins to tame frizz, prevent colour fade and enhance natural curl pattern and bounce.
What is the Best Shampoo and Conditioner?
Hairhouse have a phenomenal range of shampoos and conditioners for every need and preference. Check out these favourites:
• Best shampoo and conditioner for wavy hair - Alfaparf Precious Nature Curly & Wavy Hair Shampoo will get rebellious waves and curls back under control. The Schwarzkopf Professional Mad About Waves conditioner will also help to detangle, hydrate and define beach waves.
• Best shampoo and conditioner for fine hair â€“ Give a lift to flat hair with Davroe Volume Senses Amplifying Shampoo or save some money with the Redken Volume Injection Duo Pack.
• Best shampoo and conditioner for oily hair â€“ Cleanse oily hair and scalps with Muk Head Muk Oily Scalp Shampoo. With each use, it controls oil production without stripping hair of natural oils.
• Best shampoo and conditioner for dandruff â€“ Eradicate flakes and itching with De Lorenzo Tricho Scalp Control Cleanser Shampoo and Conditioner.
• Best organic natural shampoo and conditioner â€“ Try a cruelty-free vegan formula with De Lorenzo Instant Rejuven8 Shampoo and Conditioner that's made with plant-based, certified organic ingredients to cleanse and replenish moisture in colour-treated hair. For a natural shampoo and conditioner that's free from sulphates, parabens and other harsh chemicals, check out our extensive evo range, including The Therapist, Normal Persons and Ritual Salvation.
• Best shampoo and conditioner for damaged hair â€“ A keratin shampoo and conditioner will do wonders to smooth frizz and restore shine for a glossy, healthy mane. Try Biolage Keratindose Shampoo and Conditioner to provide moisture balance and strength to dry, damaged and over-processed colour-treated hair.
• Best blonde shampoo and conditioner â€“ Blonde hair needs a purple shampoo to prevent brassiness and keep your tone cool and creamy. Try Kevin Murphy Blonde Angel Wash, Fanola No Yellow or Nak Hair Blonde Plus Shampoo.
Do You Need Both Shampoo and Conditioner?
Generally, yes â€“ every hair type will need both shampoo and conditioner to maintain long-term hair health. This is because shampoo cleans the hair by opening the hair cuticles which can leave it feeling dry and frazzled. A conditioner is needed to close the cuticles and seal in all of the nutrients and moisture.