Hair Growth Shampoo
The best hair growth shampoos improve scalp health and create naturally thicker hair. Hair growth shampoo helps alleviate thinning hair, fine hair and hair loss with ingredients to nourish the hair follicle. Does thinning hair trouble you? Try special shampoo for hair loss that will help strengthen hair, build up hair density, and allow you to achieve thicker hair!
Showing 60 of 68 results
Hair growth shampoo is a type of shampoo that has been specially formulated to help create thicker and fuller hair and promote hair growth in those who are struggling to grow their locks out as fast as they would like.
While the buzz around hair growth shampoos is undeniable, the number one question most people have is, â€œDo they work?â€ The answer to this depends on the type of shampoo you use, the ingredients inside and how they are formulated, the concentration and the overall quality of the product. The way you use a hair regrowth shampoo also has a lot to do with whether you get the results you want.
So, what causes hair growth to slow down in the first place? Research suggests that sulphates can irritate the scalp which in turn can disrupt the natural hair growth process. As the scalp is the foundation for hair follicles, any irritation can have a negative effect on hair growth.
Bad styling habits can also be the culprit. If you tend to tug on tangled hair with a hairbrush, you can snap off strands which can leave hair feeling thin and incapable of growing any longer. Stress, diet and medical conditions can also cause hair loss and slow hair growth.
A hair regrowth shampoo works on the scalp to restore it to perfect condition and provide a healthy foundation for growing new hair. It's also likely to contain ingredients to strengthen existing hair follicles and plump them up for a fuller, more voluminous mane of hair.
How Does Hair Growth Shampoo Work?
Hair regrowth shampoos contain active ingredients that have been proven to be effective in slowing or stopping hair loss and thickening fine hair. A shampoo for hair loss can work in a number of ways:
1. It can use ingredients like ginkgo biloba, cayenne, or peppermint oil to stimulate the scalp and improve blood circulation
2. It can soothe redness, flakiness, and irritation of the scalp with soothing ingredients like aloe vera and tea tree oil
3. It can use caffeine to promote hair follicle growth
4. It can help to prevent nutritional deficiencies with a formula that is packed with essential vitamins and minerals, including zinc and B7 which are considered to be excellent for hair growth
5. It can block the DHT hormone which is responsible for hair loss with ketoconazole or natural alternatives like green tea and pumpkin seeds
6. It can help to thicken existing hair with amino acids and proteins to plump, strengthen and fortify individual strands
It's important to note that a shampoo for hair loss works to support your scalp and hair by creating the best environment possible for hair to grow and reach its fullest potential. While it may not be possible to grow a luscious mane in a fortnight, you will be giving your hair everything it needs to grow at a normal rate and maintain optimal hair and scalp health.
How many times a week should you use shampoo?
Whether you're trying out an anti-hair loss shampoo or a hair growth shampoo and conditioner, the number of times you use it a week will ultimately depend on your individual product and hair type. However, if you're looking to regrow hair, you can help to encourage the best results by including these steps into your hair care routine:
1. Choose a shampoo and conditioner with the same benefits for the best results. We have the best conditioner and shampoo for hair growth from the most trusted brands, including Nioxin, Bosley, and Nak Hair. You may wash your hair a few times a week or every day. Contrary to belief, frequent shampooing with a hair regrowth shampoo encourages healthier hair as it stimulates the scalp and promotes blood flow. Massage the shampoo for hair growth on the scalp for a good few minutes. Don't skip the conditioner. A hair growth conditioner will smooth and protect your fragile locks and seal in moisture to prevent breakage.
3. Apply a heat protectant spray before blow-drying your hair. Flip your hair upside down to half-dry it and add volume. Keep the hair dryer on a low to medium setting to avoid heating your hair too much.
4. Apply a hair mask once a week. Along with hair oils and leave-in conditioners, these products will hydrate the scalp and hair which helps to prevent hair loss. Try a hair growth treatment like Kérastase Chronologiste Masque.
Can hair growth shampoo slow down hair loss?
If your hair loss is caused by a scalp condition such as dandruff or psoriasis, hair growth shampoos can help to slow the process of thinning hair by optimising your scalp health and reducing inflammation that impedes hair growth. While an anti hair fall shampoo won't stop the progression of male pattern baldness, they can thicken your existing hair to give the appearance of fuller hair. If you are concerned that you may have a medical condition that is causing your hair to fall out, it's best to speak to your doctor as a prescription-only product may be your solution.
Hairhouse has a fantastic selection of hair growth and hair loss shampoos in Australia available. Read on for our handy buying guide:
The best shampoo for hair loss is Nioxin System 4 Cleanser for coloured hair that is visibly thinning or Nioxin System 6 for coarse hair that is thinning. Both will prevent sebum from clogging follicles and restore moisture and fullness. Bosley Hair Thickening Fibres for men and women can also help reduce baldness by electrostatically attaching to existing hair follicles for a thicker appearance.
If you have thin hair, the best shampoo for thinning hair in Australia is Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Scalp Anti-Thinning Shampoo with kakadu plum, ginseng, and pea peptides, which strengthens and thickens hair while preventing hair thinning, including in colour-treated hair.
The best shampoo for hair growth is Nak Scalp to Hair Revitalise Thickening Shampoo which cleanses and removes product build-up from the scalp, soothes irritation, and creates an ideal environment for growing healthy hair.
The best shampoo for hair loss in females is KEVIN.MURPHY PLUMPING.WASH contains vitamins, minerals, and amino acids to stimulate the scalp, nourish the hair and add shine, softness, and body.
What is the difference between hair growth shampoo and hair loss shampoo?
Have you ever stood in the hair care aisle wondering what the difference is between hair growth shampoo and hair loss shampoo? The truth is, they're actually pretty similarâ€”their aim is to promote healthier hair. Hair growth shampoos don't necessarily stimulate hair growth (make your hair grow longer), but they can help strengthen existing strands so that your hair looks thicker. On the other hand, hair loss shampoos are designed to reduce breakage, which can help keep what you have. So while they both claim to stimulate your scalps' follicles, they work in different ways.
More from Hairhouse
If you are searching for hair loss shampoo in Australia, you'll find the most effective hair loss and hair growth shampoos in Australia right here at Hairhouse! From the best shampoo for thinning hair to anti-hair fall shampoo that cleanses scalps and promotes hair growth!
In addition to our selection of shampoo for hair growth, we are leaders in everything to do with your hair and carry an extensive range of hair care, styling, and treatment products, plus more products for grooming and pampering! Browse our site to find exactly what you need today: