If you’re colouring your hair at home you need all the professional hair dye tools! At Hairhouse you’ll find the hair application tools you need to do the job, including hair dye brush applicators, hair dye brush and bowl sets, colour, tint and tinting brushes, plus after-care hair care products.
Showing 16 of 16 results
What Hair Colouring Equipment do You Need to Dye Your Hair?
The right hair colouring tools can make the process of dying your hair at home a much simpler process that results in a vibrant colour and even coverage. Consider these hair colouring tools for dyeing your hair at home:
• Hair colour applicator - A hair dye applicator brush is necessary to separate your hair into sections and evenly apply the dye. We have Hi-Lift Tint Brushes in small and large for short and long hair.
• Measuring cup â€“ A measuring cup for hair colour is needed when you have to mix hair dye with peroxide for accurate results. The Hi-Lift measuring Cup has a 100ml measuring capacity.
• Tint bowl â€“ Use a tint bowl to mix your colours together. The Hi-Lift Tint Bowl in purple is ideal and even has measurements on the side to help you get the right amount as you pour.
• Gloves and apron â€“ Dyeing your hair can get messy! Protect your hands with the Hi-Lift Black Shield Disposable Gloves and protect your clothes with the Hi-Lift Apron or All-Purpose Cape.
• Timer â€“ A timer will help you to keep track of the time while your hair colour develops for best results.
• Foil sheets â€“ Foil sheets help to separate and hold sections of hair in place for colouring techniques including balayage, ombre, highlights and full head colouring.
• Hair dye tool kit â€“ If you want to save time and money, the Colour Royale Tool Kit comes with all of the application tools you need to colour hair, including hair colour brush, hair dye comb, bowl, gloves, clips, cap and cute storage case.
How do You Apply Hair Colour at Home?
If you're wondering how to apply hair colour at home and achieve salon-worthy results, the answer may just be in the hair colouring tools you use! Having a good setup with the right equipment will make the process easier, faster and more efficient. A hair dye colouring kit is convenient and comes with all of the colouring tools you need, including tint bowl and a hair brush for dyeing hair.
To get started, choose whether you want a permanent hair colour or a semi-permanent hair colour. A permanent hair dye will open your hair shafts and permanently change the colour while a semi-permanent hair dye will simply wrap the outside of your hair shafts in colour and fade out over time.
Then, follow these easy steps to dye your hair using boxed hair dye:
1. Put on your gloves and apron
2. Take your chosen hair dye and mix the colour and developer in your tint bowl. You can read your individual hair colour instructions for more information on this step.
3. Using the hair colouring brush, start at the roots. Divide your hair into 4-6 sections and saturate each section with the dye. Applying hair dye with a brush helps to evenly distribute the colour onto your hair and ensure no section is missed. When done, run a comb through the hair for even better results.
4. Leave your colour to develop for the amount of time it says on the box. When the time is up, rinse thoroughly until the water runs clear.
Which is the Best Way to Dye Your Hair?
Unless you are a professional hairdresser and understand how to mix colours, the best and most easy way to dye your hair at home is by using boxed dye. These products provide you with everything you need to transform your hair colour with easy-to-follow instructions to ensure a success. A hair dye brush and bowl set, such as our one by Colour Royale will make things even easier as it includes all the hair colouring tools you need! You can shop a huge range of stunning shades at Hairhouse by respected brands like Wella, Eslabondexxcolor and Yellow.
To keep your coloured hair in the best shape, you'll need to take care of it. Use a shampoo and conditioner made to keep your colour vibrant for longer, such as the Matrix Keep Me Vivid Shampoo. If your hair is blonde or grey, add a purple shampoo into your routine to prevent brassiness.
Hair oils, leave-in conditioners, hair masks, and other hair treatments are loaded with nourishing botanicals and should be used once a week to soften and moisturise coloured hair. If colouring your hair has left it feeling worse for wear, repair it with Eslabondexxcolor Sustainer or Amplifier.
What are the Benefits of Using a Hair Dye Brush?
When it comes to hair dye tools, a hair colour application brush is essential for ensuring you get stunning results that are consistent every time. A good dye applicator brush can:
• Achieve a more even application where every strand is coloured
• Make for a much faster hair colouring process
• Result in a brighter and more saturated colour
• Prevent overlapping in one area which causes dark and dull pieces
• Easily separate the hair into sections for application
• Make the hair dye go further so that you don't run out
Invest in a dye brush for hair colouring and you'll notice the difference immediately! At Hairhouse, we have the best hair dye brush to suit your colouring needs by big brands at affordable prices. Shop online today with free delivery on orders over $50 or visit your nearest store and let our friendly hair care experts help you find exactly what you need!