Scalp Care & Dandruff
Soothe the scalp that is dry or sensitive with nourishing itchy scalp care shampoos, or try anti-dandruff shampoos for dry scalp care. Oily scalp care products balance excess oil production for healthy hair follicles and bouncy hair. No matter the concern, shop scalp care products and scalp treatments for healthy hair!
Showing 60 of 207 results
What is Scalp Care?
Scalp care is the practice of regularly using hair care products that are targeted specifically to keep your scalp in optimal long-term health. This can involve cleansing your scalp to remove sweat, bacteria, and product build-up as well as exfoliating to remove dead skin cells and moisturising with nourishing ingredients to keep your scalp hydrated and healthy. There are plenty of scalp care products available that are formulated to target all sorts of concerns. You can find products for hair loss, dry scalps, cleansing and balancing, soothing itchiness, eliminating flakiness, and much more.
At Hairhouse, we have everything you need to take care of your scalp and promote healthy hair, from scrubs, hair oils and masks to shampoos and conditioners. Discover the best brands in scalp care at the most affordable prices, including Alfaparf, Biolage, evo and O&M.
How to Fix a Dry and Itchy Scalp?
A dry and itchy scalp is a common problem and can be very uncomfortable. While most people might think an itchy scalp means head lice, this is just one of the underlying conditions that could be causing the problem. Other culprits include:
• Dandruff, also known as seborrheic dermatitis
• Tinea Capitis, also known as ringworm
• Allergic reactions
• Migraine headaches
Often, an itchy scalp is accompanied by other symptoms, including dryness, redness, flaking, scaly patches, and soreness. You can help combat the itch by using a specially formulated scalp care product.
Our anti-dandruff shampoos and scalp treatments for dandruff are made to fight flakes, redness, dryness, excess oil and more. Relieve irritation with a dry, itchy scalp treatment by De Lorenzo. Tricho Scalp Balance Cleanser is crafted with certified organic botanical extracts to soothe dryness and itchiness associated with dandruff and psoriasis. There’s also Goldwell Dualsenses Scalp Specialist Anti-Dandruff Shampoo to instantly reduce and prevent dandruff while protecting colour and reducing fade. Other effective options include Juuce Anti-Dandruff Shampoo and Nak Hair Dandruff Control Shampoo with peppermint to soothe itchy, red scalps.
To fix hair with dry or oily dandruff, Alfaparf Semi di Lino Scalp Rebalance Exfoliating Scrub works to stimulate microcirculation while preventing scalp peeling and balancing bacteria with pre and probiotics.
If dryness is your concern, a good scalp moisturiser can help restore moisture. Kérastase Genesis Masque Reconstituante is a rich, creamy formula that can be massaged into scalps and hair to replenish hydration and strengthen weak and brittle hair that’s prone to breakage.
What is the Best Way to Clean Your Scalp?
To decide what the best dry scalp treatments are for you, consider what condition your scalp is in. From too much oil to not enough, check out our buying guide to combat every scalp concern:
1. Remove Build-Up. A scalp cleanser will gently detox your scalp and remove grime and debris caused by oil, sweat, styling products and more. Choose Davroe Clarify Deep Cleansing Shampoo, Paul Mitchell Clarifying Shampoo 3 and 2 for colour-treated hair or O&M Original Detox Shampoo.
2. Reduce oil. For an oily scalp treatment that works wonders, try Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo and matching conditioner or De Lorenzo Prescriptive Solutions Control Shampoo for fine hair that’s being weighed down with oil. Muk Head Muk Oily Scalp Shampoo is also a top choice. For a natural scalp treatment, evo Normal Persons Daily Shampoo and Conditioner is vegan, gluten-free, cruelty-free, sulphate-free, and paraben-free to cleanse and keep excess oils at bay.
3. Soothe a sensitive scalp. Choose a hair scalp treatment that’s free from harsh chemicals like Wella Invigo Balance Senso Calm Sensitive Shampoo that’s fragrance-free to prevent irritation from synthetic ingredients or Goldwell Dualsenses Scalp Specialist Sensitive Soothing Lotion to reduce irritation.
4. Restore moisture. To nourish dry scalps and frizzy hair, De Lorenzo Essential Treatments Oil Balance uses plant oils to moisturise, protect and add shine to dry ends. Moroccanoil Dry Scalp Treatment is also an excellent moisturizer for dry scalps with antioxidant-rich argan oil.
5. Eliminate dandruff and itchiness. Choose a flaky scalp treatment to fight dandruff and psoriasis, such as Davroe Scalp Remedy Lotions Spray with Aloe Vera and Kakadu Plum. For an itchy scalp treatment, De Lorenzo Tricho Scalp Control Solution Trio Pack is a cost-effective way to manage itchiness, flakiness, scaling, redness and more.
6. Prevent hair loss. For one of the best scalp treatments for hair growth, try Kérastase Serum Extentioniste, a leave-in serum with powerful active ingredients designed to energise the scalp and stimulate hair growth while strengthening your hair to prevent breakage. Nak Hair Scalp to Hair Energising Thickening Conditioner will also help to add volume and protect hair.
How Can I Take Care of My Scalp at Home?
You can keep your scalp in optimal health by following a regular scalp care routine. This can include cleansing shampoos, exfoliators and moisturising products, such as leave-in conditioners.
If dandruff is your main concern, using a dry scalp treatment at home can easily help you to control itchiness, flakiness, redness and irritation. You can also try washing your hair with warm water, not hot water, using a good brush to massage the scalp and improve blood circulation, wearing a hat to prevent sun damage and avoiding products with synthetic fragrances, sulphates and preservatives that can trigger a reaction.
To give your scalp the luxury treatment, check out our Shhh Silk silk pillowcases that gently care for your hair and scalp while you sleep!
Why is Scalp Health Important?
Healthy hair begins with a healthy scalp. The scalp provides the right environment for your hair to grow and be thick, strong, and shiny. If it’s out of balance, your hair will also suffer.
Scalp treatments can help you to make sure your hair and scalp is in the best condition possible. From dry scalp treatments to hair loss serums and oil controllers, Hairhouse have the best scalp treatments and more hair treatments to help you achieve any hair goal. Shop them online today with free delivery on orders over $50 or visit us in-store to discover how they can help you.