Blonde Hair Conditioner
Blonde conditioner is a hair care product with violet pigments to eliminate unwanted brassy tones. Whether you're a natural blonde or a bleached platinum blonde, blonde shampoo and conditioner will retain your hair colour! Use a sulfate free shampoo then apply purple conditioner to wet hair to refresh cool blonde tones.
Showing 57 of 57 results
What is a Blonde Conditioner?
If you have blonde hair or grey hair, you'll know the importance of a good purple conditioner. Also called blonde conditioner, this is a specially formulated conditioner made with violet pigments that neutralise unwanted yellow tones in both natural blonde and coloured hair of all hair types. The dreaded brassy yellow colour that blondes experience usually happens a few weeks after a treatment. Using a purple conditioner at home is the best way to keep your blonde locks looking fresh and creamy until your next salon appointment. Even if you're a natural, your hair can still be prone to developing yellow tones over time. A blonde conditioner will freshen up your colour and leave it looking brighter with a healthy shine.
Blonde conditioner can be used on any shade of blonde, from platinum blonde to cool blonde, and even blonde highlights and balayage.
Does Blonde Conditioner Actually Work?
Absolutely! Blonde conditioner is a must for blonde beauties and especially for those with colour-treated hair. The way it works is pretty simple. Purple sits opposite yellow on the colour wheel, so a conditioner that contains purple tones and violet tones is the best option for cancelling out yellow tones in the hair. As a conditioner, it not only freshens up your colour, it seals the cuticles and smooths the hair shafts so that your blonde hair is left soft, silky and ready for styling.
For even better results, you can use a blonde shampoo. This product contains the same purple pigments you'll find in a conditioner to neutralise brassiness but will also cleanse and nourish the hair like a regular shampoo. You can use just one or the other, but we suggest using them together if you want a real ash-blonde effect with no yellow in sight.
What are Some of the Best Blonde Conditioners?
Hairhouse is your one-stop shop for blonde hair. We've got the brands you know and love at prices you can afford plus we offer free delivery to your doorstep when you spend over $50 Australia-wide. Check out some of our best sellers:
• Eleven Australia Keep My Colour Blonde Conditioner â€“ Get a brighter blonde in just 3 minutes with this miracle worker! Designed for natural and colour-treated blondes, this conditioner is sulfate-free and contains Lemongrass to repair damaged hair and Hydrolysed Quinoa to hydrate hair and strengthen hair plus antioxidant-rich Green Tea Extract for added shine.
• evo Fabuloso Platinum Colour Boosting Treatment â€“ Refreshingly free from sulphates and parabens, this 3-minute conditioner instantly boosts dull blonde hair while also softening, nourishing, and smoothing frizz.
• Pure Forever Blonde Conditioner â€“ Infused with healing Argan Oil and Shea Butter, this conditioner works its magic to eliminate brassiness and restore dry, damaged, and weak hair back to optimal health. Blue Cypress deposits blue-violet pigments onto the hair shaft to rejuvenate any shade of blonde and leave your mane silky soft and shiny.
• Fanola No Yellow Mask â€“ For an effective blonde hair mask, Fanola provides extra toning to blonde and grey hair, wrapping your hair strands in a protective film that stops yellow tones from creeping in.
• NAK Hair Blonde Plus Duo â€“ Get double the defence against brassiness with this shampoo and conditioner duo. Made to work harmoniously together, the Blonde Plus Shampoo gently cleanses and tones gold and brassy reflections before the Blonde Plus Conditioner detangles, smooths, and balances moisture levels for improved manageability.
When Can I Use a Blonde Conditioner?
Generally, blonde conditioner is used on wet hair after you have used your blonde shampoo and thoroughly rinsed it out. Massage into hair and leave for a few minutes to let the product soak in and neutralise the brassiness. Then, rinse it out. Some products, like Matrix Total Results Unbreak My Blonde Leave-In Treatment, are hair treatments that require you to leave them in and style as usual. For even stronger results, you can try applying a blonde conditioner onto dry hair, leave it for up to 15 minutes, then wash it out.
It's up to you and your hair type as to how often you use a purple conditioner. We suggest using one every 3 days and evaluating the results. If your locks are still too brassy, use the conditioner every 2 days or even every day if needed. Just a warning â€“ using too much purple conditioner can turn your blonde hair temporarily purple!
To maintain natural or coloured blonde hair, you'll want to be regularly using a blonde hair treatment to keep your hair soft and nourished, such as a hair oil or hair serum. Our hair styling products can also be filtered to give you all of the creams, gels, detanglers and more you need that are safe to use on colour-treated hair.
Be blonde and beautiful at Hairhouse with our massive range of must-have blonde hair care and styling essentials! Shop them online or visit your nearest Hairhouse and let our team give you expert advice on your hair type.