Blonde Hair Treatments
Best hair treatments for blonde hair nourish damaged hair, refresh hair colour and reduce yellow tones. Wash your hair with purple shampoo then apply a keratin treatment, an intensive hair mask or a blonde hair gloss treatment. Protect your hair colour with regular blonde hair treatments to prolong cool blonde shades.
Showing 35 of 35 results
Whether you have natural, bleached, coloured, or highlighted blonde hair, a blonde hair treatment is your secret weapon to keeping brassiness at bay and your hair feeling soft, smooth, and protected.
Blonde treatments are loaded with nourishing oils, butters, and botanical extracts that can deeply condition chemically lightened hair and prevent it from drying out and becoming brittle. Many blonde treatments are also a purple hair treatment. This means that they have been formulated with blue or purple pigments for preventing brassy hair after bleaching. These pigments work to counteract warm and yellow tones in blonde hair and help you to maintain its coolness in between salon visits.
By using the right hair treatment, you can ensure that you stay brilliantly blonde while promoting long-term hair health.
How do You Take Care of Blonde Hair at Home?
Blonde hair may be one of the trickiest shades to maintain, but we've got the quality hair products and expert tips you need to keep your blonde looking beautiful right at home. Whether you're a natural or bleached blonde, these tips will help you get the most out of the experience:
1. Wash your hair less often. Blonde hair is best when washed 1-2 times a week so that your natural oils have time to nourish the roots. Use a dry shampoo in between washes if you get too oily.
2. Arm yourself with the right blonde products. Blondes should be using a purple shampoo, toner, and hair treatment that's made to prevent brassiness, condition, and rebuild hair fibres.
3. Use a heat protection spray. Styling blonde hair with hair dryers, straighteners, and curlers can strip the coolness from it and encourage brassiness. A thermal spray can stop or slow the process.
4. Use a detangling spray. Bleached hair tends to tangle more which can lead to breakage and split ends. Use a detangler and a good hairbrush, like the Tangle Teezer, to remove knots without pulling.
What Product Should I Use for Blonde or Bleached Hair?
When you visit the salon to have your hair coloured, the hairdresser will apply a special toner after bleaching hair that leaves your blonde looking fresh and icy-cool. When this toner washes out, you could be left with brassy hair as those warm undertones start to show through.
A purple shampoo should be your number one product for maintaining the health and beauty of blonde, grey, or bleached hair. Purple shampoos and hair toning treatments are formulated with blue or purple pigments that help to neutralise the brassiness and yellow undertones that can occur in blonde or grey hair. So, how does it work? The theory is that blue sits opposite yellow on the colour wheel which makes it the perfect shade for cooling down the warm tones that form the base for blonde hair. While a toner works immediately and is applied like a hair dye, a purple shampoo works gradually and is a great long-term solution.
For the best toner for after bleaching hair that delivers instant results, try Eslabondexxcolor Hair Color Cream Toners in a range of shades. For a purple shampoo, check out Matrix Total Results Brass Off, Make Blonde Shampoo, and Paul Mitchell Forever Blonde.
The next product you'll want to add to your hair care routine is a blonde hair treatment. This will restore, moisturise, smooth, and protect your locks with proteins, botanical oils, extracts and butters. There are plenty of options, from
keratin for blonde hair to masks and oils to heal damaged blonde hair.
Try a purple hair masque at Hairhouse, such as Joico Blonde Life Masque. This magical treatment hydrates, softens, and brightens dull blonde hair in an instant. For the ultimate blonde hair repair treatment, try O&M Original Mineral Conquer Blonde Masque with Certified Organic Coconut Oil, Shea Butter and Quandong to nourish and protect and violet pigments to refresh blonde tones.
What is the Best Hair Treatment for Blonde Hair?
The best treatment for blonde hair will not only keep your blonde looking cool and bright, but it will also neutralise brassy and yellow undertones and nourish your hair so that it stays moisturised and healthy throughout the colouring process. Keep your cool with these favourite products:
• Best treatment for bleached hair â€“ Bleached hair needs extra TLC as the chemicals can leave your hair feeling coarse and frazzled. Kérastase Blonde Absolu Cicaextreme Masque soaks deep into hair follicles to rebuild and plump fibre structure with Edelweiss Oil and Hyaluronic Acid after bleaching.
• Best purple treatment for blonde hair â€“ For an all-rounder that neutralises brassiness while conditioning and restoring shine, go for Eleven Australia Keep My Colour Treatment Blonde. This holy-grail product will help you reach iconic Australian blonde status while also moisturising and protecting hair with soothing Macadamia Nut Oil. For a vegan option, try Fanola No Yellow Vegan Mask with ultraviolet pigments and Shea Butter.
• Best purple treatment for blonde hair when you're short on time â€“ In a rush? The Nak Platinum Blonde Anti-Yellow 60 Second Repair wastes no time in eliminating pesky yellow undertones and leaving you with brilliantly fresh, platinum reflects in blonde or grey hair. It also detangles, softens, and repairs in under a minute for an all-in-one rescue remedy for busy blondes!
• Best anti-brass treatment â€“ Give brassiness the boot with a blond hair treatment loaded with blue or purple pigments. Redken Colour Extend Blondage Mask is super-pigmented to correct and neutralise even the most stubborn brassy tones in hair for a cool blonde shade in under 5 minutes.
• Best bleached hair repair â€“ If your hair has been left feeling dry and brittle after bleaching, you need a hair treatment that can restore moisture and shine. The Schwarzkopf Professional Blondeme range uses 3D Bond Creation Technology and protein complexes to build new bonds and restore hair strength. Try the Blondeme Rich Mask to deeply condition normal to course blonde hair, the Blondeme Wonder Restoring Balm to reduce frizz and seal split ends or the Blondeme Neutralizing Mask to strengthen, soften and prevent brassiness and yellow undertones from coming through.