Some self-tanning products provide an instant tan and others a gradual tan. The best fake tan is easy to apply with a tanning mitt and provides a streak-free, natural-looking tan for a sun kissed, effortless look. Use fake tan for dark tanning, or add a golden glow to your natural skin tone.
Showing 24 of 24 results
What is a Fake Tan?
A fake tan is your answer to having sun-kissed skin all year round! Self-tanning products are made to give you a gorgeous, bronzed glow at home without the risk of sun damage, peeling skin, and sun beds. Whether you're after an instant golden tan or a gradual darkening of the skin, you can have that back-from-the-beach look from summer to winter with the right product.
When it comes to application, you have a lot of options. There are bronzing mousses and tanning foams that are lightweight and dry quickly. There are tanning lotions that are applied like a moisturiser and hydrate the skin at the same time. There are also tanning mists, drops, and easy-to-use towelettes for maximum convenience.
What is the Purpose of Using a Fake Tan?
We use fake tan products for one reason â€“ to get a stunning bronzed glow at any time of the year without the damage that can be caused by harmful UV rays and sun beds.
There are plenty of benefits to using self-tanning products. They are very easy to use and can be quickly applied at home, on holiday or wherever you happen to be. With the right applicator, you can get a long-lasting, even and natural tan without streaks that will gradually fade over time. Another perk of a fake tan is that it can cover any blemishes or pigmentation so you can show off your skin with confidence all year long.
What are Some Things You Need to Know Before Your First Fake Tan?
If you've never self-tanned before, there is a small learning curve to mastering a flawless tan that's the right shade and 100% streak-free. These handy tips will help you on your way to becoming a fake tan pro:
1. Before you start tanning, you need to prep your skin. Use an exfoliator 24 hours beforehand to remove any dead skin cells. If you are going to shave, do this 24 hours beforehand also to prevent the tan from settling into open pores.
2. Just before you tan, use a moisturiser to hydrate your skin.
3. For an even tan with no streaks, it's essential that you use a tanning mitt to apply it and blend it in smoothly. The Bondi Sands Tanning Mitt has got you covered!
4. If you need to wash off your tan, leave it to develop 4-8 hours before washing it off in cool water without scrubs or soap.
5. To keep your tan looking gorgeous and even for as long as possible, exfoliate every 2-3 days and use a good moisturiser often. Try the Bondi Sands Exfoliating Mitt for the best results.
Can a Fake Tan Damage Your Skin?
The main active ingredient in most fake tans is dihydroxyacetone or DHA, a sugar that creates a chemical reaction in the skin that temporarily darkens the cells for a tanned look. DHA can be synthetic or derived from natural sources, such as sugar cane. Used in the right amount, DHA is considered very safe for most skin types. If you have sensitive skin, look for products with naturally-derived DHA that uses minimal ingredients and nourishing botanicals. You can find the best waterproof tanning products at Hairhouse by brands you love. Check out:
• Bondi Sands Liquid Gold Foam â€“ Get a Bondi glow with this cruelty-free gradual tanning foam that's infused with Argan Oil and coconut to leave you golden and lusciously scented.
• St Tropez Gradual Tan Body Medium Dark â€“ This gradual tan gives you a deeper, richer tan with Aloe Vera to moisturise and improve skin renewal and elasticity.
• Bondi Sands 1-Hour Express â€“ For girls on the go, you can get an enviable Aussie tan in just 60 minutes with this instant foam!
• Vani-T Self Tan Mist Velocity Rapid â€“ Another top pick for time-poor self-tanners, this product firms skin with Kakadu Plum and vitamins while being free from parabens, sulphates and mineral oils.
• Pure Tan Instant Tanning Foam Light Medium â€“ No odour, no streaks, and no orange in sight! This instant foam will have you glowing like a golden goddess in just 1 hour.
How Long Does a Fake Tan Last?
How long a fake tan lasts largely depends on the product and how you maintain your tan. Most self-tanners can last up to 10 days if you exfoliate and moisturise regularly so that your skin stays hydrated and the tan can fade evenly and slowly.
If you want your tan gone sooner or if you want to re-apply your next tan, you'll need a tan remover. The Bondi Sands Tan Eraser can remove all traces of your tan in just 5 minutes with no harsh ingredients. All you need to do is apply the foam liberally to your skin, leave for 5 minutes, then rinse off in warm water using a face cloth to wipe off the tan. Use the Exfoliating Mitt to gently remove any stubborn areas.
Get your glow on today when you shop online or in-store at Hairhouse! From mousse and mists to foam, lotions and accessories â€“ we've got everything you need to apply and maintain the perfect fake tan every day of the year. Spend over $50 and receive free delivery to your doorstep Australia-wide.