Boar Bristle Brushes
The best boar bristle brushes suit all hair types including fine hair and thick hair. Natural boar bristles are used to detangle and style wet hair and dry hair. Boar bristle brush benefits distribute natural oils from scalp to tip with a paddle brush, and round boar bristle brushes are perfect for blow drying!
Showing 20 of 20 results
What is a Boar Bristle Brush?
When it comes to hair care, few people will dispute the importance of hairbrushes in their daily styling routine. From detangling knots to smoothing frizz, adding volume, and stimulating the scalp for healthy hair growth â€“ the humble hairbrush is an essential tool in anyone's bathroom. While there is an infinite amount of hairbrush types on the market that can do all sorts of things to your hair, the boar bristle brush combines the job of many into one.
This wonder brush works on all different hair types, including thick hair, curly hair, fine hair, long hair, short hair, and even wet hair. Made from natural boar bristles, these brushes are softer than regular hairbrushes and the bristles make them durable enough to glide easily through coarse hair and last a long time without wear and tear.
There are a few different types of boar brushes. There's the paddle brush for smoothing and polishing hair, the round brush for styling and drying hair, and the teasing brush for backcombing and creating volume and height.
Hairhouse stock a stunning selection of high-quality brushes by iconic hair brands you know and love. Explore our gorgeous Mason Pearson brushes with pure boar bristles that are expertly crafted to lock in hair styles and prevent split ends and static. We also have Curious Grace boar and nylon blend round brushes with nano-silver technology to smooth frizz and polish curls and unruly hair.
How do You Use a Boar Bristle Brush?
So, how do boar bristle brushes work? Boar bristles are structured similar to human hair and contain the same protein as our own â€“ keratin. The bristles work to stimulate the scalp and evenly distribute its natural oils through the hair, polishing the strands for a sleek and healthy shine. They also create tension in the hair which is great for setting curls and creating different hairstyles, especially when used with the heat from a hairdryer.
You can use a boar bristle brush for hair of any length. The way you use it will depend on the type of brush and what you want to achieve. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Use a Mason Pearson paddle brush to smooth hair and prepare it for styling. As these types of brushes don't detangle hair very well, use a comb first to get rid of the knots. Separate your hair into sections. Start by brushing under the hair by bending over, then flip it back and brushing the hairline. Always remember to brush from root to tip for even oil distribution.
2. Create volume and lift with a round brush. Start by drying 90% of your hair while flipped upside down, moving from root to tip. Flip upright and section hair. Use the brush to lift the top sections upwards and outwards while drying, building height, and smoothness. You can use a texturiser or volumizer beforehand for even better results!
3. Style your hair while blow-drying with a thermal brush and create flicks and curls. The Moroccanoil Thermal Ceramic Boar Brush is a great option for creating thick, voluminous waves in shorter hair. Start with a heat protectant spray. Beginning at the roots, run the brush down to the ends while drying, following it with the hairdryer. Switch up the direction, twisting your wrist to achieve different angled waves and curls each time. Finish with a hairspray, like Sexy Hair Big Spray & Stay.
Are Boar Bristle Brushes Good for Your Hair?
A boar bristle hairbrush is the secret weapon your hair needs to look and feel its salon-best every day. They are particularly fantastic for dry hair as they massage the scalp and evenly distribute sebum throughout the hair to condition and hydrate your locks without the need for products. Here are some of the major benefits of boar bristle brushes:
• Evenly coats hair with natural scalp oils from root to tip
• Strips hair of product build-up and dead strands
• Closes hair cuticles for a sleek, frizz-free shine
• Messages the scalp and improve blood circulation for hair growth
• They're gentler than other hairbrushes to prevent breakage
Are Boar Bristle Brushes Cruelty-Free?
While a 100% boar bristle brush uses the natural bristles from a boar, they are removed humanely without hurting the animal. This means the hair is sheared, not plucked, like a sheep. If going cruelty-free is important to you, there are plenty of other options for you. You can use a brush with a blend of natural and nylon bristles, like the Curious Grace Boar Nylon Ceramic Round Brush. Available in different sizes, they add amazing volume and smooth frizz when used with heat. You can also find completely vegan brushes that mimic the performance and results of a real boar bristle brush while being 100% cruelty-free.
How do You Clean a Boar Bristle Brush?
To keep enjoying the benefits of your boar bristle brush, you'll need to clean it often. Do this by running a comb through the bristles to remove any hair that is caught in between. You might also notice a white residue coating the bristles. This is a build-up of hair styling products and debris from your hair and scalp. You can easily get rid of it by rinsing the brush under cool water. Take a lint-free towel and gently scrub off the residue until the bristles are clean, then leave to dry naturally.
You can find the best boar bristle brush for your hair type at Hairhouse at the most affordable prices. From Mason Pearson pure boar brushes to thermal brushes by Moroccanoiland nylon boar blends by Curious Grace, we have brushes from extra small to extra-large. Shop online today with free shipping on orders over $50 or visit your nearest Hairhouse to view the range. Once you add a soft boar bristle brush to your hair care routine and see the difference immediately, you'll wonder how you ever got by without one!