At Hairhouse the wide range of hair treatment products for all hair types include DIY hair masks. Apply the mask to damp hair and leave in for at least 20 minutes before rinsing. Hair masks containing argan oil or coconut oil deeply nourish and replenish dry hair, damaged hair and colour-treated hair.
Showing 60 of 141 results
What is a Hair Mask?
A hair mask is a type of hair treatment made to intensely condition the hair and nurture it back to optimal hair health. Like a face mask, these hydrating hair masks are made with nourishing ingredients, such as natural oils and butters, that are highly concentrated and designed to do everything from restoring moisture to smooth frizziness, boosting elasticity and adding a natural shine.
There is a hair treatment mask to suit all hair types, but they are particularly beneficial to dry hair, damaged hair, and colour treated hair that has been stripped of moisture and nutrients during colouring and styling. Even if you have healthy hair, a deep conditioning hair mask applied once a week is a fantastic way to maintain your hair health and keep it vibrant and strong.
At Hairhouse, we offer a wide range of hair masks in Australia that you can apply at home. Discover our favourites by brands like Olaplex, NAK Hair and Kevin Murphy made to nourish, hydrate, repair, and protect your hair.
What are the Different Types of Hair Masks?
Hair masks come in different shapes and forms to target different hair concerns and types. There are hair masks to:
• Strengthen and repair damage
• Increase moisture
• Condition, detangle and smooth
• Nourish and revitalise
• Moisturise coloured hair and prevent colour fade
• Reduce frizz
• Prevent split ends and breakage
• Soothe itchy, irritated scalps and remove dandruff
• Thicken hair strands and add volume
• Eliminate brassiness in grey and blonde hair
• Tame wavy and curly hair while adding definition and shine
What are the Best Hair Masks?
Our DIY hair masks by leading brands make it super easy for you to care for your hair at home! We have hair treatments to reverse heat damage and ones to soothe the scalp and promote hair growth. Check out our most popular products for every type of hair:
• Best hair masks for dry hair â€“ The Olaplex No.8 Bond Intense Moisture Mask is a holy grail for many with dry hair. Infused with OLAPLEX Bond Building Technology, this hair mask for dry hair provides intense hydration deep inside the hair shaft for smoother, softer, and shinier locks. For extra dry hair, the Oribe Deep Treatment Masque uses coconut and almond oil to deeply condition hair and improve elasticity to prevent breakage.
• Best hair masks for damaged hair â€“ Colouring your hair or using hot styling tools such as blow dryers, straighteners and curlers daily can leave your hair dry, weak, and dull. Kérastase Resistance Masque Therapiste is a deep conditioning hair mask for over-processed hair that has been very damaged. A rich and velvety cream, this hair mask for damaged hair restores nutrients, elasticity, and shine to stressed hair while strengthening the structure of hair cuticles from within.
• Best hair masks for growth â€“ Bulk up thinning hair with Kevin Murphy Body Mass with eyelash thickening technology to plump hair strands and strengthen the roots for long-term hair health. There is also the Nioxin 3D Deep Protect Density Mask to deeply condition thin hair and strengthen it to reduce breakage and damage. Pair your hair mask with a hair growth shampoo for an added boost!
• Best hair masks for frizzy hair â€“ Tame frizz and define curls and waves with the Alfaparf Precious Nature Curly & Wavy Hair Mask that uses grape and lavender to smooth, soften and manage unruly hair. The Redken Frizz Dismiss Mask uses Babassu Oil to moisturise, soften and hydrate frizzy hair types.
• Best hair masks for colour-treated hair â€“ Whether you are using a temporary hair dye or you get it professionally and permanently coloured, prevent colour fade and extend vibrancy with Davroe Luxe Leave-In Mask. This hydrating hair mask is vegan and forms a non-oily barrier around hair to protect against sun damage and uses a Colour Protect Complex to keep colour rich and bright.
• Best hair masks for blonde hair â€“ A hair mask for blonde hair contains blue or violet pigments to keep blonde and grey tones looking cool without brassiness. Eleven Australia Keep My Colour Treatment Blonde neutralises brassy and yellow tones while moisturising, brightening, and reducing static.
What are the Benefits of Hair Masks?
Hair treatment masks are loaded with ingredients that are very rich in vitamins and minerals, as well as fatty acids and antioxidants to moisturise hair at the deepest level and protect it from damage. By adding one into your weekly hair care routine, you can strengthen weak and damaged hair, moisturise dry hair, reduce frizz and define curls, soften coarse hair, plump up fine hair, combat brassiness in blonde hair, soothe scalp irritation and much more.
To use most hair masks, you can apply the deep conditioning hair mask to damp hair and leave it on for at least 20 minutes-30 minutes before washing it off in the shower. You can even leave your hair moisture mask in overnight for a more intense conditioning treatment for very damaged or dry hair.
Some hydrating hair masks may be a leave-in treatment, such as the K18 Leave-In Mask, where you can apply, style and go. Others, like Muk Deep Muk 1 Minute Ultra Soft Treatment, require you to leave it on for just one minute and rinse thoroughly before styling.
What are the Ingredients to Look for in a Good Hair Mask?
The ingredients in a hair treatment mask are condensed in more concentrated amounts and left for longer periods of time to soak deep into the hair follicle and nourish it from the inside out. The most common ingredients included in masks are natural oils, butters and humectants to moisturise and condition.
Coconut oil is a staple in many hair treatments as it is rich in medium chain fatty acids and lauric acid to give your hair a hefty dose of vitamins, minerals and good fats. Argan oil is another miracle worker used in hydrating hair masks with high levels of vitamin E to soften, hydrate and protect hair.
Shea butter is loaded with fatty acids and has a velvety texture that conditions dry and brittle hair without greasiness.
Choose a hair treatment mask with aloe vera if you want to soothe an irritated scalp, reduce dandruff and remove product build-up from blocked hair follicles.
Hyaluronic acid is a humectant that is often used to lock in moisture and smooth frizz, while essential oils are popular in natural hair care products to add a fresh, botanical scent and offer their own unique healing benefits.
You can find these ingredients and much more when you shop at Hairhouse. With iconic brands and innovative formulas, our hair masks are the best way to care for your hair and promote long-term hair health. Shop online today with free delivery on orders over $50 or explore the full range when you visit your nearest Hairhouse!