Colour Care Conditioner
Hairhouse have the best shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair! We have colour protecting products to care for colour treated hair and protect colour from fading. Damaged hair, dry coloured hair and coloured curly hair is brighter and stronger when you use the best shampoo and the best conditioner for coloured hair.
All About Colour Care Conditioner
What are Colour Care Conditioners?
A conditioner for coloured hair is a conditioner that has been made specially for those with bleached or coloured-treated hair. It can be used to refresh and enhance colour vibrancy in between salon visits, prevent fade, smooth, detangle and protect hair from damage caused by UV rays and other environmental factors that can accelerate colour fading. A conditioner for dyed hair is often packed with vitamins, minerals and proteins to infuse the hair with moisture-rich nutrients that can also reduce dryness and breakage while strengthening the follicles from the inside out.
You can find a ton of high-quality hair products for coloured hair at Hairhouse. We have shampoo and conditioner that can revive permanent and semi-permanent hair colour, after-colour hair conditioner for blondes to eliminate brassiness and creamy leave-in conditioners for when hair dye has left your locks feeling frizzy and unmanageable.
How Often Should You Use a Colour Care Conditioner?
The amount of times you use a colour protecting shampoo and conditioner on your hair will ultimately depend on your hair type and personal preference. Every time you use a colour shampoo, you should follow it up with a colour conditioner. This is because shampoo opens hair cuticles, while a conditioner will close them, smooth them over and seal in the moisture and nutrients.
You may choose to only wash your hair once a week or several times a week if it tends to get oily. You can also use a dry shampoo that’s safe for coloured hair to freshen it up in between washes.
If your hair is bleached, coloured or dry and damaged, a hair treatment will work wonders to restore it. Whether you choose to use a hair oil or serum, hair mask or leave-in conditioner – these beauties will reverse the damage caused by colouring agents, hot styling tools and other factors and leave it feeling hydrated with improved elasticity and shine.
We recommend using these intense conditioning treatments once a week to maintain optimal hair health while colouring.
What is the Best Way to Take Care of Coloured Hair?
If you’re new to the world of coloured hair or just want to overhaul your current hair care routine, we’ve put together the steps you’ll need to take to ensure your coloured hair stays fabulously healthy and vibrant.
First, choose a colour care shampoo and conditioner. These products are hair dye-safe shampoos and conditioners that will work to support and enhance coloured hair. Here’s a quick rundown on the best colour conditioners for different hair types:
• Best shampoo and conditioner for red hair – Keep red hair looking fiery with Juuce Love Red or Goldwell Dualsenses Color Revive Cool Red.
• Best conditioner for frizzy coloured hair – Tame the frizz with Muk Vivid Muk Colour Lock Conditioner. It’s high in vitamin E and humectants to restore moisture while detangling and adding smoothness and shine.
• Best colour care conditioner for blonde hair – De Lorenzo Novafusion Silver Conditioner uses botanical extracts like Kakadu Plum to remove brassiness from blonde hair and keep it toned and fresh. Use in conjunction with a purple shampoo, such as De Lorenzo Novafusion Silver Shampoo.
• Best conditioner for damaged and brittle hair – Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Conditioner is sulphate-free for coloured hair and formulated with citric acid and a concentrated bonding care complex made to strengthen weakened hair bonds for up to 50% less breakage when used with the matching shampoo.
To keep your colour looking vibrant in between salon visits, use a hair colour treatment. These products are infused with colour pigments that can enhance coloured hair instantly while nourishing and softening. We have
colour restoring conditioners for every shade of hair, including evo Fabuloso in Copper, Light Beige, Purple Red, Cool Brown and Caramel, plus Juuce colour treatments in Love Dusky Rose, Love Copper, Love Mulberry Orchid and more.
The last step in your hair care routine should be a conditioning treatment once a week to restore moisture to coloured hair and protect it from damage. One of the best leave-in conditioners for coloured hair is Matrix Total Results Unbreak My Blonde Leave-In Treatment. This must-have blonde treatment uses citric acid to reinforce weak hair bonds due to bleaching while softening and repairing damage caused by chemicals.
You can also try the System Professional SP Color Save Mask for all coloured hair that slows fading and extends colour vibrancy while deeply nourishing and cleansing to maintain long-term hair health.
How do You Apply a Colour Care Conditioner?
It’s super easy to use a conditioner for colour treated hair. Follow these steps to keep your colour looking rich and your locks feeling healthy and manageable:
1. Start by using a colour-safe shampoo to suit your hair type. Apply a small amount to wet hair, massage all over and rinse thoroughly.
2. Take your colour care conditioner and apply from the mid lengths down, avoiding the scalp. Massage in. You can use a wide toothed comb for ensure even distribution.
3. Leave in for 1-3 minutes before rinsing thoroughly and style or blow dry as usual.
You can find the best colour care shampoo and conditioner right here at Hairhouse. We have all of your favourite brands at the best prices to care for your colour while maintaining hair health. Shop online today with free shipping on orders over $50 or pop into your nearest Hairhouse and let us assist you!