All About Dare
Exclusive to Hairhouse, DARE provides fast, funky, and semi-permanent colour for the young at heart. Apply, mix, and experiment with kaleidoscopic colour that requires little commitment but brings loads of confidence!
How Long Does Dare Hair Colour Last?
Dare hair dye is made with an ultra-endurance formula, making it an at-home hair colouring that truly lasts! With longer life than other temporary hair dyes, Dare semi-permanent hair colour can last up to 30 washes. Get more out of your temporary hair colour with Dare!
The success of your DARE colour starts with how you care for your hair. Some colours last longer than others. This can be linked directly to the hair colours you use, the temperature of water you wash your hair with, and your styling habits.
Permanent hair colours are one thing, but temporary and semi-permanent colours work differently. Although it has a shorter life, you can enjoy vibrant and brilliant colours along the way with the right care.
Always using a heat protection product when styling coloured hair with heat tools is super important!
Dedicated products designed for coloured hair are your new BFF. This includes shampoos, conditioners, serums, and treatments that will ensure you get the most from your semi-permanent dyes.
Hairhouse stocks all the products you need to increase the lifespan of your semi-permanent hair colour. You can also shop countless styling tools and even hair accessories that will help you complete the look you are lusting after!
How To Use Dare Hair Colour?
1. Use a deep cleansing shampoo before applying any semi-permanent or even permanent hair colour dyes. Avoid conditioner, as this can hinder some of the hair colour adhering to your hair, making the colour less vibrant and bold.
2. Once you have washed your hair with a cleansing shampoo, make sure you dry the hair completely. If you have thick hair, make sure to section the hair when blow-drying to prevent wet patches. Any dampness can cause the final result of colour treatment hair patchy.
3. Next, take your chosen Dare temporary hair colour and apply it to the hair as directed on the packaging.
4. Make sure to comb the dye through the hair sufficiently to ensure the hair is entirely and evenly saturated.
5. Once the product is applied, place a plastic cap over the hair and use a hair dryer to enhance the product's processing ability. Do not keep the hairdryer in the same place for too long since this could cause burning and patching.
6. Be sure to let the hair dye mix develop for at least thirty minutes. Then, rinse the hair thoroughly with cool water. This will seal in the pigment of the hair treatment. Hot water will reduce the vibrancy of the final product.
7. Once the hair is dyed, it is essential to use an appropriate colour-care conditioner for hair strengthening. This bespoke conditioner will nourish the hair but also give you that nice shiny finish.
8. When rinsing out the conditioner, make sure to use cool water as well.
9. When styling your hair, make sure you use heat protection before applying heat tools. Any heat tool that goes over 180 degrees Celsius can remove the colour from your hair, so don't risk it!
Is Dare Hair Colour Vegan And Cruelty-Free?
Dare hair dyes are Cruelty-Free. However, they are not vegan, so if you are looking for a brand that covers both, check out the wide range of products available at Hairhouse, including Paul Mitchell.
Where To Buy Dare Hair Colour?
Hairhouse offers a fantastic range of Dare hair colours. Choose your kaleidoscopic adventure with 23 shades to choose from, including Dare Hair Colour Silver Storm, Devils Delight, Forbidden Grape, Poison Berry, and Cherry on Top.
For example, Dare Hair Colour 7 is Cherry on Top – a real favourite! You can also count on Hairhouse online or in-store for hair care products, which can be used to nourish, and style colour treated hair. Dare to be different with Hairhouse!